If eating as a soup it is tasty with some fresh cilantro.
Saute the spices/herbs in a 1-2 TBS water for 5 minutes.
Add the vegetables and water and cook until the potatoes are tender.
It is good served over rice and with fresh cilantro. Fresh cilantro is really good with most Indian dishes.
We enjoy it with a big salad too.
And served with papadum (Indian lentil cracker).
4 Red Potatoes, chopped
1 cup green peas (frozen is best)
1 small onion, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
2 cups okra, chopped in slices
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp garam masala (can be purchased in an Indian food store or some stores will carry this item)
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp ginger (can be fresh)
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1. Prepare vegetables by chopping and set aside.
2. Saute garlic and spices (garam masala, coriander, cumin, turmeric, and ginger) with 1 TBS water on medium low with lid on for 5 minutes.
3. Add 1 cup of water, potatoes carrots, and onions to the soup pot and cook on medium high for 10 minutes.
4. Add 4 cups of water, okra, and frozen green peas to the soup pot and cook on low for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
5. Serve with basmati rice or as a soup.
6. Garnish with cilantro and with a big salad.